"Unity" by Nathan Smoka, Columbia Heights, Minnesota
Sister City Association of Chattanooga, Inc. (SCA)
is a group of volunteers interested in establishing meaningful and lasting global friendships through cultural, educational, institutional, and commercial exchanges.
To promote peace through mutual respect, understanding, and cooperation — one individual, one community at a time. We believe that such interaction is important in developing long term friendships between the residents of the sister cities while underscoring regional similarities and differences.
The citizens of both communities benefit from this kind of shared realization – and the outcome is usually a better world for us and future generations.
What We DO
- We travel and welcome travelers.
- We are hospitable hosts to many students, as well as official delegations.
- We try new languages and help others try ours.
- We exchange art.
- We explore and grow our appreciation and curiosity in cultural differences with those we meet.
- We share those experiences within our community.
- We explore potential and existing business relationships to help Chattanooga become more global.